If you’ve been following the AiGeology facebook and/or twitter feeds, you know that I’m on my way to Anchorage, Alaska for this years national meeting of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG for short).
So far, I’m halfway there and waiting on my connecting flight to take me the next into Anchorage. My initial flight from Ohio to my connection in Denver, Colorado was cancelled and I was placed on an earlier flight. A much earlier flight. In fact, I arrived here in Denver 12 hours before my next 2,400 mile flight leaves.
Surprisingly, I’ve managed to keep myself busy without springing for a cab to take me downtown. I’ve never been to Alaska before, but from what I’ve heard and read, it is well worth the wait! When I return, I’ll be posting pictures from my scheduled glacier cruise and – if I finish preparing my presentation – a tentative trip to Denali National Park (no guarantees on the latter).